Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Morning thoughts...

I was going to write this in my journal pages but then I felt the Lord reminding me to post here instead. Share my thoughts with EVERYONE? I'm not even sure I have thoughts that are awake enough to make sense! But here I go... a baby step in this whole process.

I've been doing this awesome devotional lately and the devotion today was titled "The Right Order". The focus scripture was one we all know by heart. Psalm 37:4-5: "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desire. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you." 

My heart asks, "Do I delight myself in you? Do I commit everything to you? Do I really trust you? Or do I just desire what I desire? Do I just tell you what I want and hope you'll give it to me?" Lord, show me what it means to truly delight myself in you to the point where my agenda, my hopes, wants and desires, are not even a part of the picture. I long to really say, "You're ALL I want, You're ALL I've ever needed."

We're going on vacation next week and I want to spend quality time with the Lord and yet... I hear Him calling me now, "Don't wait!", He says. So Lord... Help me today to take the time to learn truly what it means to delight myself in you. 

It's hard to focus on someone else isn't it? Many times I have a hard time laying aside what I want for what my husband wants or what my kids want. Yes, I even have a hard time setting aside my wants for what God wants. I feel a life lesson in this... selfishness is about to be examined AGAIN. Why can't I just get it right?! I feel His smile as He reminds me that I'm a work in progress. Okay Lord... here I am. Change me.

No comments: