Thursday, July 3, 2008

Prayers...

Today... I have been thinking of the Chapman family. I bet Maria loved sparklers and the 4th of July. I bet this weekend is a tough one for the family... my thoughts and prayers are with them. 

How well I remember those 'firsts'... the first week, the first holiday, the first month, the first birthday, the first day of school... My heart goes out to the Chapman's and my heart breaks with them and for them. I went on Steven's website (twice today) and read posts and looked at pictures. 

I remember one time in particular... will NEVER forget the moment where I felt Jesus hold me and rock me as I cried and cried and cried. I don't remember how long it had been since Gerad's death but I do remember the strong feeling of the Lord's love holding me and comforting me. It felt like a warm blanket covering me all the way into my heart and soul (which was good since that's how deep the tears were flowing from). 

Jesus, I just ask that Your love and comfort would come to them each and every moment they go through the grieving all over again. I ask that You would continue to surround them with friends and family who come and be Your arms extended. I pray that You will bring peace to their broken hearts. And as Steven gets ready to start doing concerts again... goodness! I'm sure it will be hard for him... Help him through it.

Thank you Jesus for always being with me even as I remember and hurt for those who are just beginning the process.

Good night...

6 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Bonelle,

I found your link on Tammy's blog. So nice to meet you! Sounds like you had a great time at the conference.

Welcome to the world of blogging!!

I'll look forward to getting to know you.

I'm so sorry to read about your son Gerard. I'd love to know more about him someday.

Blessings to you♥

Anonymous said...

Bonnelle,
This entry is very touching! It reveals the depth of understanding you carry in your heart for those who mourn. Your words speak volumes concerning the reality you faced, the pain you overcame and the compassion that now fills your heart!

I'm pulling for you! Keep writing! It's blessing others!
Love you girl!

catie said...

It's so hard losing the ones we love.

You're in my prayers. Great post...thanks for writing it!

Unknown said...

Hi Bonnelle,

I miss you and love you!

Hope your September is going well.

Hugs from Kentucky!

Love,
tammy

Unknown said...

Bonnelle,

Where are you?!?!? I miss yoU!

Love you friend!

Tammy

Unknown said...

Bonnelle, How are you doing? I love your post on July 3. Beautiful words. What are you going back to school to be? I will miss you at She Speaks. Just know I love you so much!

Have a good weekend!

love,
Tammy :)