Thursday, July 17, 2008

Focus...

Sometimes... I feel so distracted. I can be doing something and feel like I'm so focused on it and before I know it... I've lost sight of what I was doing. Like siting here doing my devotions this morning. I got up real early and even though it was slow going at first I knew I wanted to get to my Bible and laptop to read from the Word and have my time with the Lord. I came to my laptop and a blog was still up from last night that I had wanted to read before I went to bed. I was too tired last night so I paused to read the blog first. I read from my devotional book and my Bible. But when I went back to my computer to come here and post my thoughts... I got distracted and read another post on this lady's site and another. Then I left a comment and now... 30 minutes later, I'm getting to mine. I want to post something that I've gleaned from what I read in the Word earlier... oh but wait! I have to go plug in my laptop because my battery is getting low!

There... plugged in and ready to go. However, while I was getting my cord & plugging in I realized I only have a short amount of time to post my thoughts (not usually a short task), iron a shirt for my husband, throw some fruit in my lunch bag for work, put makeup on and leave for work! ACK! Not enough time!

So many times I think I could stay up all night and still not have enough time to get everything done! I try to be focused at work, at home, in my devotions, and even with my family but I'm seeing that there are so many distractions that get in my way. And then again there are times when I get so focused on things I'm working on that the more important things appear as distractions & I get frustrated!

Lord, all this to say... focus my thoughts on You today. Show me what's important and what isn't. Show me when to pause & listen and show me when to focus...

Lord, I desire that You would be my main focus. That You & Your plans for me would be the most important thing I focus on. You know me better than anyone and I know you have good plans for me. I don't want to get distracted from the path You have laid out before me. Show me where You want me. Show me what You want me to do. Show me when to stop and talk to someone or just listen to what they have to say. Help me be more like You... undistracted, unhurried, intentional about people, peaceful and focused on the Father's plan. 

Take my day and lead me to make choices that honor You and please You. Take this day and order my steps, my thoughts & my words. May You be my primary focus.

No comments: