Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another day...

Good morning!

Here are more thoughts running through my head...

I read a devotional this morning on finding something worth dying for. The author's son had found Someone he would be willing to be a martyr for - Jesus. I pondered on this and asked myself... Is my faith at the level that in an instant I would die for the Lord if it was required? Yes, I believe I would because He has become everything to me. Then my thoughts went to my childhood and how I was "persecuted" for my faith... Oh, not to the extent of being in prison like Paul in the Bible or even dying for the sake of the gospel. I was tormented by bullies for quite sometime, fortunately I don't remember how long this went on but it was a tormenting from the enemy none the less. It instilled in me a fear of sharing my faith, which now looking at it from adult eyes, these girls just didn't understand what I had found and in reality were probably more afraid of me than I was of them. 

For a long time I have desired to have that fear conquered. To have the lies of the enemy quenched. Lies that say people will respond the same way or that I will be tormented again. You know what? It doesn't even matter any more because the Lord has done so much in my life and brought me so far from that little girl so long ago. Jesus has conquered my fears & the lies of the enemy and really, I have nothing to fear. I have come to realize that if people don't accept what I say, that's between them and God and at least I've planted a seed. I have also come to realize that nothing else matters but Jesus and yes... I would be willing to die for Him. He died for me, how can I give any less?

My thoughts then turn to...
Tammy & her family are in Cincinnati this morning getting ready for another day at the hospital. Nick is due to have a physical & PETscan done today and hopefully a treatment as well. It will most likely be a long day for them with a lot of waiting but I pray for a good report for them. I pray for strength & peace to flood their hearts & minds. I pray for grace to walk through this day. Continuing to pray for a miracle...

So those are the thoughts in my head today and now it's time to rush out the door for work...

Bonnelle

No comments: