Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sensible people...

Proverbs 19:11:
Sensible people control their temper, they earn respect by overlooking wrongs.

Hmmm... this verse says so much with so few words. I paused on this verse today because I tend to get frustrated easily sometimes. People make silly mistakes at work that reflect badly on our team or cause a lot of extra work, or I feel expectations are placed upon me that I can't live up to. 

I'm in the midst of studying for this HUGE test at work and I'm finding... Can I really do this? Do I really want to do this? And I find I'm getting frustrated with having to devote so much time and energy to work. It seems like it's in the forefront of my thoughts lately and I know... there's so much more to life than work. 

My prayer this morning is Lord, help me to control my temper and my frustrations. Help me to breathe deep and rely on You. Help me to do like I did yesterday and just step into the elevator and whisper a prayer out for Your help and strength. Help me to overlook the mistakes that other people make and realize once again that I am not perfect myself... no one is. Only YOU are perfect. Help me not to stress so much about work that it consumes my thoughts but instead turn my thoughts towards You and Your goodness. You are so faithful, Lord, to be with me every step of the way and to take care of every little detail. Help me to remember that when I'm in the midst of a stressful situation.

I love You Lord.

Bonnelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts!

If not everyday, I read at least every other day, to know of your insights, to hear your heart, to hear God's heart through your words that touch my heart to hear His heart for my life!!

Thank you for sharing your heart and how you process LIFE in the midst of the stresses you face each day.

I'm praying for you!
WSJ