Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday reflections...

As I've been pondering on what the Lord revealed to me over the last seven days of our Jericho march/walk I've gone back through the passages and noted scriptures that spoke to me. I journaled some last week but this is like a new perspective... I feel... reflective on what the Lord has done in my own heart over the past seven days. 

Joshua 1:3 & 5:
"Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you... No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you ... I will not fail you or abandon you."

I have an interview tomorrow for the Event Coordinator position that I've applied for at work. Yes, this is the job I would really like to get. It would be something totally different from what I've been doing the last 8 years and it would be a fun way to take the strengths and talents that God has placed on the inside of me and use them in new ways. This is the 'first round' interview and I feel fairly confident with this one because I'm friends with one of the people who will be doing the interview and I know she really wants me to get this job. The big one though will be the 'second' interview which will be with the actual guy that I would be working for. I pray that I will find favor in his eyes and that he would choose me.

Today when I was reading this passage again after work it stood out to me yet again. I just felt the Lord speaking to me to let me know that I can take a deep breath and just trust Him in this. I don't want to stay where I'm at. I want to cross over to new places and new things I believe God desires to give to me. I want to follow Him in everything I do, even in my job. 

If you have read other posts of mine you would have seen that work has been rather stressful for me lately. Today as I was walking and praying during my lunch the Lord showed me how He's brought me to a point of where I don't want to stay in my department any longer and He's provided a way out by having me train two other associates on my job and all I have become really good at. I've been working on a huge project with several other departments and that is now implemented and the new process is being worked and has gone well so far (on our end). Now, my day basically consists of doing little things to help out my Manager and Assistant Manager and those things will soon be done by other people as well. The timing is amazing and gives me great hope that this new job is already mine.... it's the waiting that is always hard. During the waiting, the enemy comes in and says, "What if they don't choose you, then what will you do?" I've backed out of the Series 7 (I haven't turned the book in and my manager has me on a 'sabbatical' while she's on vacation but Monday when she comes back I'm turning in my book. When the enemy whispers in my ear that question I waver momentarily but then I come back to this verse. 

Daily, sometimes moment by moment, I have to put on the full armor of God.

Ephesians 6:13-18:
Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor (breastplate) of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Last Wednesday I had to actually go into a room at work and walk through putting the armor of God on. I was about to be offered a position I didn't want and I felt I was about to let down my Senior Manager (who was my manager for the majority of the time I've worked there). I didn't want to let him down but at the same time I didn't want what he was about to offer. I had to tell him before they made their final selections and I panicked for a few minutes (and cried a little). I went into this little room and cried and prayed and then the Lord began to speak to my heart about why I was feeling this way and that I needed to stand up and put my armor on so I could stand firm in this situation. I did just that and as I put each piece on and this wave of peace flooded over me and God gave me the words to say and I knew there was no way I could do anything else but turn him down! It was really a powerful moment for me. I went out and went to his desk and we went to go talk about it. I explained my feelings and he wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing and when he could see my mind was made up he was fine with it and said he would pull my name out of the running. He did tell me though that I had interviewed very well and that I was at the top of the list. I thanked him for his confidence in me and he went on to tell me that if I was interested in any other positions to be sure and let him know and if there was anything he could do to help me out, he would do it. I told him about this other position I have applied for that and even though I don't think he has much sway with this other guy it really helped me to know he supported me. I walked out of that room standing firm and it was such a wonderful feeling.

When the enemy tries to come in and whisper the "what if's" to me... I have to just go back to this verse and put on the armor all over again. The peace comes back and I know I can trust the Lord to be with me in the interviews that lie ahead. I believe he has given me this position and I look forward to new territory.

If you're reading this and the devil whispers the "what if's" in your life and situations, I encourage you to put on the full armor of God and in doing so, the Lord will empower you with His peace and assurance that He is with you and will not fail you or abandon you.

Love,
Bonnelle

No comments: