Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A peace...

Each morning when I open my Bible there's always a little nugget just waiting for me. Something that causes me to think some little word of encouragement that lifts my spirit and helps me keep going. I've always appreciated SO much how the Lord gives me just what I need for each day and how time and time again He shows me new mercy.

My Bible reading this morning was in Nehemiah chapter 3. This chapter always means a lot to me because it talks about Tobiah & Sanballat. Several years ago I had a Tobiah & Sanballat in my life. Two people who seemed to stand in my way and who hurled insults my way. We had been given direction to move and they were FURIOUS! After all they had done for me and for the 'friendship' we had they felt like I was walking away from all that... for what?! But I knew... I knew that God was in this move and I knew that I had to do it. 

Isn't it funny how sometimes we have people who want to do that? People who think they know what's best and don't want to see the plans of God fulfilled in our lives? Sometimes though, I believe we have an unseen Tobiah & Sanballat... those voices we hear in our heads that tell us we can't go forward, that we're not doing the right thing, that staying put is safe and what's best.... but when you KNOW that God is moving and has something that He wants you to do, you have to stand firm and push forward. Nehemiah knew that... he knew that God was in the rebuilding of the wall. He knew that he had been given an assignment by God to get the work done. He had people willing to help but a fight was needed to ward off the enemy. 

What struck me today was when Nehemiah stood up and then said, "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes." They had to stand their guard, they had to fight for what they valued most and they had to be ready at all times. 

I feel in my life... there is a Tobiah & Sanballat. There is a force fighting against me in the progression at work. There is a force fighting against my family that would want to delay what God desires to do. There is a force that's fighting against my friend Tammy & her son Nick.... there is a force that whispers in my head, "What are you doing? Will you really get the job you desire? Will you really pass this test? Will you really be able to finish? What are you building? It will just crumble when the winds blow. Who do you think you are? Who gave you authority? You don't know anything!" 

My cry is, "Hear me oh God! Turn these insults back on the enemy's head! You are God alone from before time began and You ARE great & awesome! Thank you that I AM Your daughter and that I can come and STAND in Your authority and in the power that You have given me and STAND FIRM! Thank You that You ARE leading me forward and that You ARE giving me the grace & strength that I need to finish this task that's before me. You are guiding my footsteps and I can rest in Your care & Your provision for me. You ARE great & awesome for You ARE God alone!"

I will stand and fight for my family. I will stand and fight for Tammy & Nick. I will stand beside them. Our God WILL fight for us and we WILL be victorious!

You are God alone (Phillips, Craig & Dean version)
You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
You are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne 
and You are God alone

You're the only God
whose power none can withstand
You're the only God
Whose name and praise will never end
You're the only God
Who's worthy of everything we can give
You are God 
And that's just the way it is.

Unchangeable
Unshakeable
Unstoppable
That's what You are
You are God alone

The Lord is great and awesome and He is God alone!

Bonnelle

No comments: