Friday, March 27, 2009

Work hard. Take a break. Long Weeked...

I am on a long weekend - four days off - due to the encouragement of several people to take some time off from work. One of my work friends talks to me about having some "me" time during my days off... So for the last hour or so I have had some quiet time catching up on some of my favorite blogs. It's been wonderful!

In my reading time... the first one I visited was Felicity's. The first post I read inspired my title of today's post. I love reading her blog because she has such great thoughts... she's really an intelligent woman and has such a busy life with all her little kids! 

The second blog I visited was Serenity's. I love her blog because she talks about her family but then throws in little things about what she loves. On Serenity's blog I was reminded of the song, "Here comes the Sun" and Natasha Richardson... (I always will remember her in Parent Trap too) While reading her post about the song and sunny days coming after the hard days of grief and loss... the Lord gave me this cool version of the title... Here comes the Son... In the midst of our dark days... eventually His light breaks through and reminds us of His goodness and His presence... Here comes the Son! and I smiled... 

Then I went to Kathy's (she's their mom)... I'm so blessed by these women and so very thankful that God brought them into my life. They inspire me because they are excellent writer's and wonderful mother's. They love their children and their God and they tell about... I pray that I can touch people's lives like they have touched mine without even knowing it.

Then I visited Cheri's (who introduced me to these wonderful women) and was touched by the reminder that I am not an orphan... and that God's presence is always with me. I love how God gives us verses to speak so profoundly to our hearts. I love His kindness and goodness towards us in giving us good friends to hug us in the hard times and pray us through when we are struggling. I love how through my friends He gives me little reminders of His love for me... and how He has never left me and will never leave me alone.

I just wanted to share with you these thoughts that have inspired me already this morning. What a blessing to be able to take a break and just BE... to have some "me" time in the quietness of my home.... to just read and ponder... to feel as though I have sat with several of my friends in just a short time... now I will Selah [pause and calmly think of that]! and enjoy some quiet time with my Lord and thank Him for His goodness some more... 

1 comment:

Cheri' said...

And I enjoyed reading your blog and sensing your deep desire to follow God, be obedient to His voice, trust Him in the dark times and love the people God has placed around you at work! You are a godly woman and a great example to all of us who read your blog!

Thanks for taking time to write in this season of your life! I love you my friend!