Monday, March 16, 2009

surrender...

This was written in my devotional this evening:

"...stopping to surrender to God in trust... Adam and Eve legitimately worked and enjoyed their achievements in the Garden. They were to embrace their limits, however, and not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They were not to try to see and know that which belongs to Almighty God."

I believe this is what the Lord is trying to say to me.... stop trying to see and know all things... stop trying to understand everything that's going on because not everything is yours to understand. Surrender to me in trust... trust Me to have a plan and a purpose that you can't see at this time. Trust Me to take care of you and to protect you in spite of the way things may appear. ...Trust Me.

"Lord, help me to grab hold of You." I lift my hands to You. Pick me up to walk in your footsteps once again. I will trust in You.

One step at a time... following along as You lead me. Trusting.... even when I don't understand. May I trust in YOU rather than what I might think is best.... it's SO hard sometimes! I will trust in You...

No comments: