Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Little nuggets...

It always seems to amaze me how the Lord drops little things along the way to remind me of His presence or His love. This morning for example as I finished my Bible reading (in my one-year Bible) there was just this little bit that said:

"But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm." Proverbs 1:33

I keep going back to it... it's so simple and yet so true. I began to reflect on moments recently.... A moment of panic and I heard His whisper, "It's OK... I'm right here. I haven't left you and I will take care of you."... Peace instantly came and flooded my heart. Or a moment of uncertainty and I heard, "Just listen for My voice and I will lead you and guide you in the path you should take." Isn't it amazing? Just to know in those moments that no matter what I'm facing, He's there... to comfort, to guide, to soothe, to love... to meet every need I may have. Oh, don't get me wrong, I still have those moments, don't we all? Always without fail though, if I just take the time to listen... I can live in peace and not be troubled or afraid. He has me covered and He loves me no matter what. 

God's just so amazing... isn't He? 

Bonnelle

1 comment:

Cheri' said...

I LOVE that verse! And I love the voice of God! Thanks for the reminder to take time to stop and listen! It really is the only way to live, and the only thing that is completely reliable! God's voice, speaking His Word to us is truly the most amazing thing! Like I said, thanks Bonnelle for hearing God and conveying His heart to us! I love you and I love your heart for God!