For the rest of the day I found myself dwelling on that. Trying to be thankful even in the hard things. So tonight as I was out shoveling I felt impressed to come in and once again write about 10 things I'm thankful for.
1) My job and the paycheck it provides and that for right now... it's where I'm supposed to be.
2) My friends and the relationships that have developed over the last eight years. We agree, the relationships are what have kept us there and that we're more than co-workers, we're a family.
3) My manager was able to get approval to step down into another position rather than something far worse and that even if I don't like it.... I understand... and even if it's hard, at least she'll be there for a little while longer.
4) For the pretty snow outside tonight that I went out and shoveled. It was beautiful and was a reflection of the purity of God. It was an opportunity to go outside and breathe fresh air and to think and pray.
5) For my sister being the voice of God to me tonight and recommending another good book but more importantly, offering to pray for me tomorrow.
6) For the Word of God and the peace it provides to my spirit. "God can do anything, you know". There is nothing that's impossible for God. There is no situation that's out of His reach.
7) For my friends outside of work who mean so very much to me.
8) For my family and the wonderful gift from God they are. Each one is special and unique in their own way and I love them dearly.
9) For lunch dates and movie nights that will make me smile tomorrow! =)
10) Most importantly, I'm thankful for my Father in Heaven who is my best friend, healer, guide, provider, peace, shelter, confidant, and ever present help and anchor in the storms of life. I know I couldn't live without Him.
Thank you Lord for the encouragement and love you have shown me today. Thank you for being with me each step of the way today. Thank you that you never leave me or forsake me. Thank you for gently nudging me along. I love you Lord...
A verse my sister shared with me tonight:
"God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently with in us.
Glory to God in the Church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia!
Ephesians 3:30 (the Message)
Today... His Spirit deeply and gently nudged me... He's so Great isn't He?