Friday, June 27, 2008

New mercies...

Confession... sometimes, I have a hard time doing my devotions in the morning. I know it's the best time of the day and I find my days go so much better when I take the time to have breakfast with Jesus. However, I also find that when I do and then take time to write out my thoughts... we run behind and my husband is then late for work and frustrated. But if I wait until evening... it's after 10 when I get to stop and post my thoughts... and by then... I'm tired. 

Jesus, please help me go to bed earlier so I can get up earlier. I long to spend time in the mornings with you and there is no doubt that my week has been better because of taking that time to be with you. Please help me be consistent.

These were the words that I wrote on my journal pages this morning:

Psalm 96:2-3:
Sing to the Lord; praise his name.
Each day proclaim the good news that he saves.
Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
Tell everyone about the amazing things he does.

Lord, I ask that you would grow me in the areas of speaking, writing and proclaiming your good news and all the great things you have done for me. Provide opportunities for me to sing, to speak, to write, to tell others about you. Open my ears to hear your voice. Open my mouth to speak your words. Open my heart to feel what you feel towards others. Show me what to do. Guide me each step of the way. I pray I will be obedient to your leading.

I love you Lord.

No comments: