Sunday, August 14, 2011

thanks...

"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness.
Let the whole world know what He has done."
(Psalm 105:1 NLT)

This morning I am giving thanks... 1) Because the verse at the end of the devotional I just read had this verse so it was God's voice to me telling me to share... and 2) because my heart is overflowing this morning with thankfulness and I just have to share!

Two of my dear friends from church blessed me with the wonderful experience of attending the Women of Faith conference here in Omaha over the last two days and... it was amazing! There are so many things that God spoke to my heart through the voices and stories of the wonderful ladies who spoke. As I sat and listened to their stories, their hearts, their voices... it was like sitting and having coffee with them... learning more about them... and seeing that their lives are like mine... broken. The difference I saw was they were using their broken life stories to share about how the grace and strength of God had picked them up, put those pieces together and "made something beautiful for His love to shine through."

So this is me... applying the verse God dropped in my heart this morning... giving thanks and proclaiming HIS greatness... He has taken my brokenness and He is putting all those little pieces together to make something beautiful for His Light to shine through!! He has brought healing to my hurting, rejected, broken heart and is making me NEW!! He is using those hard places in life to make me stronger and to help me lean on and rely on Him... a little more than I did yesterday!

God is GREAT and He has touched my heart!!



No comments: