Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's been awhile...

Yes, it's true... it's been awhile since I've posted anything. I just couldn't... any time I tried it just seemed that whatever I had to say was so trivial in comparison to what Tammy is facing. Even now as I'm writing this I struggle with what to say and is it really important?

The road of loosing someone you love is always so hard and I know it's different for each person.... but the need is still the same. People walking on the road of LOSS need prayer, love and support... and lots of it. Truly though I believe the only thing that can get someone through loosing someone is simply the Grace of God. The Bible states that His Grace is sufficient and that He becomes stronger in our lives through our weaknesses (that's my paraphrase). I love how the Amplified version states it:

2 Corinthians 12:9:
But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness.

His Grace enables us to bear the deep pain of loss. His strength is shown most effectively in our lives when we are at our weakest point.

Lord, let your Grace and strength rest and dwell on Tammy and her family today in a very real and tangible way. Let Your Grace be so strong in her life. I know that You are all she truly needs. You are sufficient, you are more than adequate, you are more than enough for her every moment of her every day. Help her through this journey like I know only You can. Thank You that You continue to hold her in the palm of Your hand.

Bonnelle

1 comment:

Cheri' said...

I'm glad you posted!! Contrary to what you think -- I believe you have extremely valuable things to say especially in the area of losing someone you love. You have walked this road too, and the lessons you've learned are the things we can pray for Tammy at this time. They are the things she's facing right now and the things she may not be able to pray for herself!

So keep it coming, my friend! Your insights are valuable to us and to the prayers we will pray!