Monday, June 22, 2009

thoughts...

Again it's been awhile since I last posted any thoughts. This is largely due to the fact that I have been praying and seeking the Lord a lot lately. I have felt an increased desired to hear from Him... to just hear HIS voice above all others. I find at times I'm easily distracted and long to be more focused on Him and all that He desires for me.

I have a friend named Kate who is on this amazing bike ride/trek... 240 miles over the next 5 days!! Please keep her in your prayers because it's hot where she's at also! Then my friend Renee Swope - her husband just ran a marathon. I've been pondering on the "art" of running and training for these great accomplishments that these people I know (through the blog world) are participating in... and discipline and perseverance it takes to accomplish these goals. I'm impressed by their dedication and at the same time... wishing I had that kind of perseverance, discipline, dedication... stick-to-it-iveness...

Lord, help me to keep my eyes focused on you. You are my goal... You are the one that I want to finish strong for. You are the one.... cheering me on along the way. You are the one... who's always there... even when I fall. Please help me to stay focused on Your voice and to keep my eyes trained on You. I don't want to become distracted by anything because nothing in all this world compares to You.

No comments: