Wednesday, November 23, 2011

tonight....

Tonight my heart is so full and so thankful... not just because tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day but because... I'm just so thankful for God's grace on my life.... it never, never ceases to amaze me.

Things I'm thankful for....

  • My beautiful daughter is getting married in 9 months to a really sweet young man! Today we looked at dresses!! As I sat and watched her try on each one... I was just amazed at God's goodness! 
  • My handsome son who seems to grow taller by the day... what a fine young man he has become! He is strong and healthy and loves God and his boots! :) I'm just amazed at God's faithfulness!
  • My beautiful angel boy who waits for me in Heaven. I know he's having such a great time playing in God's big, big house! I'm just amazed at God's grace!
  • My wonderful husband who truly has stuck by my side for better or for worse... we have definitely had our share of hard times but in the end... we love each other more today than 25 years ago when we were young & foolish! I'm amazed at God's love!
  • My family who has helped me more times than I can count! For praying for me, loving me & loving God with me! Thank you mom & dad for the wonderful examples that you were & for showing me what it means to love deeply until death do us part! I'm so amazed at God's mercy & grace that He would give me you as my family!!
  • My dear, dear friends that God has brought into my life... for each season of my life! They too have seen me through some rough roads but their words of encouragement have helped me take each new step... I'm forever grateful for God's kindness!
  • Mostly though... I'm thankful for the love of Christ who accepts me as I am and loves me too much to leave me that way! He loves me so much that He gave His life for me... to show me that He is my biggest fan and will keep cheering me on until the day I see Him face to face!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: