Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fundamentals...

So... it never ceases to amaze me how God ties everything in to make "it" fit together... for good! As you may know I have journeyed back to college life to expand my knowledge and try something a little scary and yet... totally God. On top of all the learning I am having to do for school (which is sometimes VERY challenging!) I am reading through my One Year Bible with my Church. Once again I am being reminded of how Abraham and Sarah... and their children... took matters into their own hands and tried to "help" God out.

The Lord keeps reminding me, "It's all about the fundamentals"... going back to the basics, paying attention to the foundation, everything builds on top of each other. Take for example, classes, I had to start with a basic math class and take all the ones in between before I could get to College Algebra (thank goodness!! College Algebra is TOUGH!). One thing I learned in class the other day was when you are in the midst of a difficult class and you want to give up, get your focus back on the end goal. What is the reason you are taking this class? To get to the next class. Each class builds on the next one.

Life... our walks with God... how many times are we in the midst of something difficult and wanting to give up? In struggling once again in an area I have struggled with before... Jesus gently reminds me to push through.... to trust HIM because this struggle I am going through is preparation for the next struggle, trial, test... He has a plan... in ALL things He has a purpose and a plan. He will take the hard places... smooth them out... and use them as a reminder when we are in the next hard place. He reminds me that He will always take care of me, that He cares about the little details of my life and that He will NEVER abandon me... and that He doesn't need my help to make HIS promises come true! Yes, they are simple truths... the fundamentals... but they never get old.

As I push through these hard places... may I come out trusting Him more... and a little more aware of HIS truth... and a little smarter for the journey ahead.. May I always focus on the end goal which is Jesus Christ my Lord and fulfilling HIS plans and purposes for my life. If I listen... and read all the way through... I will hear His voice cheering me on and encouraging me each step of the way.

He is so very good to me and I am SO glad He is patient with me!!

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." (Psalm 37:23)

1 comment:

The Blue Sparrow said...

So glad you are focusing on the good things that trials bring us. I struggle with this myself so it was good reading your post and getting a reminder. *HUGS*